photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pretty Pumpkins

These grey and white pumpkins were decorated using upholstery tacks.

The air has finally turned crisp in Houston. Well, at least during the morning hours, but I'll take what I can get. Inspired by the fact that I got to wear a sweater today (albeit a thin one) and the fact that October is nearly over, I decided to post some pretty pumpkins.
For the second year in a row, I purchased a fairy tale pumpkin (the large one.) This year, she is surrounded by tiny white and orange friends.
Pretty copper and gold pumpkins


This is certainly a creative way of displaying one's address. This would be perfect for someone hosting a party!

I took this photo a couple of weeks ago. I loved the fairy tale pumpkins in various sizes, stacked inside of urns.

Images 1,3, and 4 via Cottage Living.

4 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Love the picture with the white pumpkins. I've been searching for them high and low, but they are no where to be found. At this point I'm going to take an orange one and faux finish it with white paint. :)

Unknown said...

You totally could! I haven't seen any white pumpkins around here and I certainly haven't seen any grey ones, either. You know, Eddie Ross did a blog post on painting pumpkins white. You should check it out. They looked fabulous!

vicki archer said...

I love these Halloween decs - maybe I can steal a few pumpkins from my farmer neighbour across the road and halloween up my little village. The grey ones would be ever so 'cote sud' French!

gorgeous pics xv

J.Covington said...

Love the pumkins with the tacks and the fairy stacks. Up here in New England, I've seen white pumkins galore.