photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, April 6, 2009

A New Mr & Mrs Smith Contest: Clue #1


Last month, I featured the first in a series of trivia contests that I have partnered up with stylish travel experts, Mr & Mrs Smith to bring to you. The first contest featured the gorgeous Hacienda San Antonio in Colima, Mexico. Well, a new month is upon us, therefore it is time for a new contest!

The contest will begin today and will continue over the course of four weeks. The objective is to guess the name and location of the property I am describing. I will post a new clue at the beginning of each week during the four week period. At the end of the four weeks and after the four weekly clues, a winner will be selected at random from all of the correct entries and will receive a $100 gift card from Mr & Mrs Smith good towards a hotel stay at the location of your choice!

Clue #1:

The rooftop pool at this hotel is absolutely fabulous! So fabulous in fact, that an episode in season six of Sex and the City was filmed there. Samantha was famously turned away by the concierge who didn’t know who she was. Ouch! Luckily for Sam, she was able to sneak the girls in after she adopted the persona of “Miss Annabelle Bronstein”, a club member who had left her card on the counter in the lobby bathroom. Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, Miranda, and Stanford proceeded to lounge poolside until they were kicked out!



The pool is still a hot spot for New Yorkers, especially during the incredibly hot summers. Anyone who wants to cool off and be part of “the scene” makes a point of getting into this exclusive property’s rooftop pool.


If you think you know the answer, send an e-mail to LDVcontest@gmail.com. Write "Mr & Mrs Smith" in the subject line and make sure to include your first and last name, the country you live in, along with the name and location of the property you think I am describing.. Also, please let me know if you would like to receive more information from Mr & Mrs Smith, including insider travel tips and details on exclusive member benefits. To be fair, only one entry will be allowed per person per contest and please be sure to use a valid e-mail address because the gift card will be sent to the address you provide!


Sample e-mail:

My Name: Jane Doe

Country I Live In: USA

My Guess: Blakes Hotel in London, England

Yes, please tell me more about Mr & Mrs Smith

2 comments:

Courtney said...

That pool is incredible. What a fantastic view to have while catching some sun!

Sarah Ring said...

I know this one!! Hopefully my guess will be the first one in!

PS. If I don't win, you and I can totally sneak into this place Samantha style okay, Paloma? Ha!